Do you see yourself as the next Mrs Hinch? Or have you simply decided that it’s time to give your floors a good Spring clean?
Whatever the reason, we are sharing some of our cleaning tips on how to clean your floors properly, so that they sustain their appearance and durability.
If you have luxury vinyl tiles, vinyl or laminate flooring in your home, it is important to:
- Start the cleaning process by using a soft brush or vacuum to sweep away any loose debris
- Then, clean the vinyl using a damp mop
- When cleaning your floor on a daily basis, use a damp cloth for general cleaning
- Top tip: Ensure that the floor is completely dry before walking over it, as it can be rather slippery after being cleaned.
If you have carpet in your home, we recommend that you:
- Vacuum the carpet regularly
- If you have the unfortunate accident of causing a stain on your carpet, address this immediately to try and remove lasting damage
- Clean carpet areas that are used most regularly, as this will increase the longevity and performance of your carpet. For example; doorways, areas by chairs etc;
- We recommend a professional carpet clean on carpet areas that are used frequently once a year
Cleaning your flooring properly is extremely important to ensure that your flooring keeps its appearance, feel and durability in your home for as long as possible.
Do you need advice on what type of flooring would work best in a specific room?
Obviously, this is a personal choice, however at Martin Phillips we are happy to guide you on our personal experience and professional opinion. For example, vinyls, laminates and luxury vinyl tiles are perfect for any room, however they really suit kitchens, bathrooms and dining rooms. Carpets are warm and add comfort to a room, so we personally love carpets in bedrooms and living rooms.