When you are buying a carpet for your home, you firstly think about the colour. Do I want a light grey, dark grey, charcoal or wait...do I maybe want something brighter? Choosing a colour can be a hard decision by itself, but then you need to think about the type of style, thickness, durability and more when choosing the right carpet for your home. All sound a bit too much? Don’t worry! At Martin Phillips, we are here to take the stress out of choosing the right carpet for your home and instead, make it an enjoyable experience. Read our carpet buying guide below for more information.
Carpet Buying Guide:
- Choose your carpet by style & design: We have a range of styles of carpets to suit your home including Flecked & Heathers, Patterned, Saxony, Stripes, Textured Loop & Twist. We have a style to suit everyone.
- Choose your carpet by pile: Do you want a short or deep pile carpet? Not Sure? Well, short pile carpets are recommended for high traffic areas of your home such as hallways, stairs etc; Short pile carpets are hard wearing and offer durability for your home. Whereas deep pile carpets are thick and have added comfort underfoot. This type of carpet is great for adding comfort and warmth to your home.
- Choose your carpet by its qualities: When buying a carpet, it is not only important for it to look aesthetically pleasing, but it is also important to make sure that it offers qualities that are advantageous for your home. Check out some of our examples below:
- Have a busy family home? Then you may want a carpet that offers some of the following qualities: hard wearing, durability or stain resistant. Top tip: Many of our carpets offer a residential wear warranty, ask our Sales Team for more information.
- Need a carpet for commercial premises? You will also want a hard wearing and durable carpet, that is built for high traffic. Top tip: We also offer a range of carpets that offer a commercial wear warranty. Ask our team for more information.
- Choose your carpet by room: It is important to factor in the type of carpet that will work best for a specific room type.
- Bedroom: When choosing a carpet for your bedroom, you may want a carpet that provides more luxury, comfort and warmth. The Westray Heathers is luxurious and adds comfort to your home, while offering a range of attractive colours.
- Living Room: A Carpet that adds warmth and comfort will also be desired for your living room, seeing as this is an area of your home where you want extra comfort for relaxation. A sumptuous saxony would be perfect for the living room!
- Hallway & Stairs: As this is a high traffic area, you will want to ensure practicality while also offering comfort. The Essentials Loop Pile is a great choice for your hallway or stairs.
- Choose your carpet by colour: Now it’s time for the fun part. It’s time to add style and sophistication to your home by choosing the perfect colour of carpet to suit your home. Whether you want a subtle grey, warm beige or a bright pink carpet, we have a shade of carpet to suit all!
So, now it’s time to choose a carpet! Visit one of our seven stores in Ballymena, Banbridge, Belfast, Carrickfergus, Downpatrick, Lisburn or Newtownards.
Would you prefer a private appointment? Book online or contact our Expert Sales Team to arrange an appointment time that suits you.