When choosing a flooring for your home, it can be difficult to know which type of flooring is the best fit for your home. At Martin Phillips, we are here to assist you in making the right decision for your home, while also getting an aesthetically appealing floor for your price point. So, when people ask us “Should I go for laminate or vinyl?”, we offer advice on the range of benefits that each type of flooring offer. Want to know whether a laminate or vinyl is right for you? Keep reading our blog to find out more.
Laminate flooring is a popular choice in many homes due to its appearance of looking like a real wooden floor, however without the hefty price tag. Below are some of the reasons why people fall in love with laminates:
- Hardwearing: One of the main benefits of laminate flooring is that it is extremely hardwearing and durable. As laminates have a protected layer, this means that they are stronger, more resistant to scratches and suitable for heavy domestic use.
- Easy to maintain: Spill something or create a mess? Don’t worry, as with a laminate floor this is easy to fix. Laminates are easy to maintain and easy to clean, so it is the dream flooring for easy maintenance.
- Great for DIY lovers: Are you a DIY lover? Looking for your next project? Laminates are a great DIY project as they offer an easy to click fit system, which means that you can reduce the costs of having to pay for a fitter, by simply fitting it yourself.
- AC ratings: Laminates come with an AC rating to show whether they are suitable for domestic or commercial use. This helps you to understand the strength and the durability of the laminate that you are purchasing. AC1-AC3 ratings are perfect for domestic usage, whereas AC4 & AC5 ratings are suitable for commercial use. When purchasing a laminate, it is important to ensure a balance of durability along with a cost that suits you, as the higher the AC rating, the higher the cost of the laminate. Our Expert Sales Team will be able to help you choose a laminate to suit your needs.
Vinyl flooring is chosen for many people’s homes, not only for its wide range of designs available, but also for the vast benefits that it offers. Check out the reasons below of why our customers love vinyl floor:
- Appearance: Vinyl flooring offers lots of choice in styles, colours and designs, so this is a great option if you are wanting a new, fresh design for a room in your home. From plain vinyl's to funky designs, we have a vinyl to suit everyone.
- Water & slip resistant: One of the main benefits of a vinyl floor is that they are water and slip resistant. Vinyl’s are very popular in kitchens and bathrooms for this reason and offer a great solution to your standard tile, to ensure safety and non -slip in both of these rooms.
- Durability: Need a floor that can handle high volumes of traffic and still look great? Then a vinyl floor is an ideal choice for you. Did you know that some of our vinyl flooring options come with a warranty? This means added peace of mind for your flooring purchase.
- Cost Effective: Got a budget that you need to stick to? Vinyl’s are a cost-effective way of achieving a floor that is aesthetically pleasing to your eye, while available at a great cost. A vinyl floor is a great substitute to more expensive types of flooring such as wooden floors or tiles, while still offering a great finish and look to your home.
Has this helped your decision in whether to choose a laminate or a vinyl floor for your home? At Martin Phillips, we are happy to chat through the options and give professional advice on which type of flooring will be most effective in your home. Want to speak with one of our Expert Sales Team? Call in to your local Martin Phillips store or get in touch today by filling in our contact form. In the meantime, check out our extensive range of laminates and vinyl’s online today.