Just as you wouldn’t buy a new car without new tyres, we always recommend that you invest in new underlay when purchasing a new carpet. All of our underlays are purchased from the best underlay manufacturers Duralay and Tredaire.
Why buy new underlay:
Underlay makes carpet FEEL better
- Provides cushioning that makes carpet so comfortable.
- Tredaire underlays are the most comfortable.
- Our PU foam and sponge rubber underlays contain air pockets that give that extra springiness.
Underlay makes carpet LOOK better
- Protects the carpet & keeps it looking new for its lifetime.
- Carpet will look better because the underlay helps to prevent the pile from flattening
Underlay makes carpet LAST longer by up to 50%.
- Underlay acts like a “shock absorber” enabling the carpet to stand up to wear and tear
- New underlay can extend the lifetime of your carpet by up to 30-50%
Reduces energy costs up to 15%
- Underlay provides an extra barrier to help keep the heat in
- Most underlays have tog ratings above 1; some have very high tog ratings of up to 3.13 like Tredaire Dreamwalk.
- Some studies suggest that a new underlay can help reduce energy costs by up to 15%
- Acts as a barrier to sound.
- A carpeted floor with an underlay is up to 250% quieter than one without
- Specialist acoustic underlays for wood and laminate floors, such as Duralay Silentfloor Gold and Timbermate Excel, can reduce in-room noise by up to 30%.
Easier to clean
- Protecting the carpet pile makes it easier to clean and more hygienic.
- Acts as a barrier to embedded dirt so reducing the “grinding” action when carpet is vacuumed.
- Old carpets can lose their stretch and ridges can form, leading to potential trip hazards especially for older people or those with mobility aids.